This installation manual is only intended for Windows installations.
Table of contents
- Installing Synqup
- Migrating Synqup to a new server
To install Synqup, the following are required:
- Sufficient user rights on Windows, so Synqup can write in the folder where files must be transferred
- Sufficient access to the firewall. Synqup uses the following access points:
Synqup performs calls to an HTTPS endpoint (= FQDNS). Therefore, the standard port for https traffic must be open (443).
2. Installing Synqup
To start, download the installation file (click here).
As soon as the file has been downloaded, open your downloads folder and double-click the "Synqup-Setup" file. The program will ask you if you wish to authorize this application to make changes to your device. Click yes then wait for the installation wizard to open.
Perform the default installation according to the following steps:
- It is recommended to select the default installation folder
- Click on Next
- It is recommended to create a shortcut. This is the Synqup authenticator and you will still need it after installation. The shortcut can also be in the installation folder
- Click on Next
- Click on Install
- The application will now install Synqup and its components on your computer. Wait until the end of the installation.
Synqup is now completely installed, but not yet configured. After a few seconds, the application will open up a window where you can continue to configure the installation.
If the window does not appear, you can open the Synqup authenticator via the shortcut on your desktop or via the installation folder.
The Synqup authenticator does not open? Open it in safe mode.
For this, you need the accountant's credentials (to the Console) or the customer's (if entrepreneur = Billtobox credentials ).
Please note that:
- The accountant must be a "manager" user in the Console.
- For entrepreneurs: the connection is made via the first email address registered in Billtobox.
- Select your country from the list
- Click on Next
- Click on Log in
- A browser window opens, move the Synqup application window to see the contents of the browser window
- In the browser window, log in with your Console or Billtobox credentials.
Synqup is now completely installed and configured on the server.
When a new version of Synqup is available, it will try to automatically update all customers. It could occur that this does not work because of the computer settings on which Synqup is installed. In this case, there are 2 options: you can update Synqup manually or you can edit your computer's settings so that automatic updates take place.
3.1 Manual updates
To update Synqup manually, you need to install the latest version (click here).
3.2 Automatic updates
Synqup requires sufficient rights to operate automatic updates. Please check the following settings:
- The user launching the Synqup service must
- have writing rights on Windows's TEMP folder (generally located in "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP")
- have writing rights on Synqup's folder (generally located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Synqup"
- have sufficient rights to extract zip files
- The firewall must authorize all files from the following URL: https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/onea.downloads/synqup/production/*
4. Migrating Synqup to a new server
Simply delete Synqup from the old server and make an installation on the new server.
The uninstallation can be carried out via the unins000.exe file in the installation folder, located by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\Synqup .
The access path to which the invoices will arrive on the new server remains unchanged.
You can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all your questions or comments.
Having trouble? Please send us your log files.