If you wish to archive a sales invoice and forward it to your accountant without sending it to your client, you will need to edit some settings in your account:
- Assign the user role Archive sales invoices without delivery to the customer
- Activate the Send archived documents to Apps option
- Choose the payment status that will have an archived document
- Archive without sending to the customer
1. Assign the user role Archive sales invoices without delivery to the customer
Go to your Settings and then Users.
Choose which user you want to assign the role and activate the Archive sales invoices without delivery to the customer option.
2. Activate the Send archived documents to Apps option
Once enabled, any archived document will be sent to the apps (and, if your Accounting App is active, your invoices will go to the accountant).
- Go to your Settings then Outbound.
- Scroll down to Archive and enable the option.
/!\ Warning /!\
If this option is not enabled, your documents will be archived without being sent to customers BUT they will not be sent to the accountant (and you will no longer be able to send them again later). So be careful to activate this option BEFORE moving on to the next step.
3. Choose the payment status that will have an archived document
- Go to the Automation settings
- Scroll down to Archiving documents directly. In , you can choose the status (unknown or paid) that any document will have after being imported via the method described in this article (also known as the connector at the archive).
Note: if you are using invoicing software and want to send your documents directly from this software to the archive, you can generate an API key from this screen by clicking on the double arrow. This API key is to go into your software (see the documentation for more details) and will be used to connect your invoicing software to Billtobox.
4. Archive invoices without sending them to the customer
In the Accounts receivable menu, there are 2 ways to archive an invoice:
- By bulk action
- By clicking the Archive button from an invoice's details
The documents arriving on the platform by the archive connector will be directly archived if:
- The XML file is valid
- The document is not a duplicate (if the Block duplicates setting is set to on)
- All metadata is present
Note: if all metadata is not filled out, the documents will be sent to the corresponding menu (Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable). The user should then manually fill in the missing data before they're able to archive. To do this, the user must have the role Edit archived supplier document details activated.
If a customer or supplier of an invoice is recognized among those already recorded in your account, the link to it will be done automatically.