Table of contents:
What is the accounting app?
The accounting app allows you to share your invoices automatically with your accountant from the Billtobox platform.
This is a one-time activation.
The accounting application adds an additional type of status: the accounting status.
The accounting status informs you about the status of the document in the general ledger. It is the processing of the document by the accountant that influences this status.
Important: accounts payable are archived immediately after dispatch.
Each document has a history of the changes it has gone through:
New actions are added to the document history:
- Document was successfully forwarded to the accountant.
- Appears as soon as the document is sent to the accountant
- The document has the accounting status "Forwarded"
- The status of the document changes depending on the due date of the invoice
(Due, <30 days, 30-60 days, 60-90 days,> 90 days), if the invoice is unpaid (partially)
- Depending on the accounting app, in some cases we can also feedback with the status 'Processed' (not always applicable!)
Document was processed in the accounts | Document has been archived
The accounting for your document was completed successfully | Document has been archived.
- Appears as soon as the accountant has processed the document
- The document has the accounting status "Processed"
- The document disappears from the list as soon as full payment is made
- Document could not be processed by the accountant
- The document has the accounting status "Canceled"
This is what the history of a document in which these messages appear looks like. You can find it by clicking on any document in the Accounts payable menu, then Events.
Want to activate the accounting app? We explain how in this article!