When scanning paper invoices, you're likely to end up with a PDF document containing multiple invoices.
Billtobox lets you import this kind of document and to split them up into several invoices. To do so, click the Multiple invoices in 1 file button:
Note: the method described below also works when importing PDF documents containing multiple invoices in a single file through email. Please note that it is not possible to split outgoing invoices.
How to split the document
From your in-progress accounts payable, click on a previously imported document. You can easily spot documents that contain several invoices thanks to the following status: Several invoices in 1 file
The splitting tool comes up:
There are 3 options to split the document up:
- Manual selection -> choose which pages should be grouped together as one invoice
- Single page -> 1 page = 1 invoice
- Two pages -> 2 pages = 1 invoice
If you've selected option #2 or #3, click on Create new document
If you've selected option #1, you'll have to manually pick the pages that should be grouped together as one invoice. Selected pages are highlighted, you can always unselect pages as needed before going to the next step.
Then click on the Create a document (n) button, the new invoice is created with the pages you have selected in the previous step. Repeat for each invoice.
Tip: if a page is hard to read, you can click the magnifying glass to make the preview bigger.
Overview of the new documents
A list of the new documents appears on the screen; it gives you a preview of how the original document will be split.
If you made a mistake, you can click the Reset button and start over.
Cancel / Submit / Proceed without splitting
- Cancel: exit the splitting tool without saving your changes.
- Submit: the document is split up according to your selection and the new documents appear in your in-progress list.
- Proceed without splitting: the whole document is imported as a single invoice.