There are 2 reasons why you might need to send documents directly to the archive (without having to accept incoming invoices or having to send your outgoing invoices to your customers again):
- Your company starts using Banqup in the middle of the fiscal year and you want to upload your pre-Banqup invoices
- You want to send invoices to your accountant without sending them to your customers
Upload invoices directly to the archive
Just starting to use Banqup and want to archive your pre-Banqup invoices already processed by the accountant?
Follow the process described below to archive your invoices without having to go through the regular import process (therefore no need to approve incoming invoices or to send outgoing invoices again).
This works through a connector (API) that will act as a bridge between your current invoicing solution and Banqup.
- Go to your Settings
- Scroll down to Archive document. If the Unique Key field is empty, click the double arrow icon. You can choose the status (unknown or paid) that will be assigned to invoices imported through the archive connector.
- Insert your username, API key and REST access point (provided by Unifiedpost) in your third-party software to link it to Banqup (please refer to your software's documentation to get help on that end).
- Invoices imported through the archive connector get archived directly if:
- The XML file is valid
- The invoice is not a duplicate, given that the Block duplicate to be sent setting is on (Settings > Outbound > Check for duplicates > Block duplicates to be sent > On)
- All metadata is filled out
Note: if all metadata hasn't been filled out, invoices will get sent to your (Accounts payable or Accounts receivable) in-progress list. A user would then have to manually fill out the missing data before being able to archive the invoice. To do so, the user needs the Archiving of sales invoices without delivery to client and Import of purchase invoices straight into the archive roles enabled (Settings > Users).
- If a customer or supplier is recognized by the OCR as an existing entry in your account, they will be linked to the invoices automatically.
Please note that you can archive outgoing invoices without sending them to your clients no matter how you import them to your Banqup account.
Sending invoices to your accountant
If you want to archive invoices to send them to your accountant, the steps are the same as the method shown above EXCEPT you first have to enable the Forward to your accountant the sales invoices that were archived without delivery to the client setting (Settings > Outbound > Archive).
After enabling this setting, you can send your invoices directly to your accountant without going through the regular workflow (i.e. sending invoices to customers).