The accountant receives invoices from his customers in a specific file for each customer. In this folder, the accounts payable and receivable are separated into subfolders.
Banqup Files remembers which invoices have been received.
The accountant processes these invoices in his accounting software.
To indicate that the document has been processed successfully, the accountant moves the invoice to another folder.
Banqup Files compares this invoice with the one received, and sends a signal to Banqup to indicate that the invoice has been processed correctly.
A main folder (= the vault) contains the customers' files
Activating Banqup Files generates the creation of a vault (main folder).
The vault is created when the Banqup Files channel is activated for the accounting firm (more information on this page).
- is named after the accounting firm's VAT number
- contains all the customer files linked to the accounting firm, as well as the file of the firm itself.
For each customer, a customer file is created when the Banqup Files channel is activated for this customer.
This customer file's name is the customer's name + their VAT number.
Logic of the customer's subfolders
After activation, a folder structure is created in the customer's folder. The accounting firm also gets a folder for its own files, using the folder structure below.
In the customer's file, a distinction is made between Accounts Payable and sales invoices Accounts Receivable.
These two folders contain the following subfolders:
- Transfer: the invoices sent to the accountant are in this folder.
- Enriched_transfer: the accountant moves the processed files to this folder. After a check with the platform, the file gets moved to Enriched_archived (or Enriched_error if an error has occurred).
- Enriched_archived: documents are placed here automatically after sending the status "processed" to the platform. This is the result of an error free flow.
- Error: the accountant moves the invoices containing an error here (duplicate, illegible document, document other than an invoice, etc.). After a check on the platform, the file is moved to Enriched_archived (or Enriched_error if an error has occurred).
- Enriched_error: documents are placed here automatically when the callback to the platform has failed.
Creating, renaming or deleting directories
It is technically possible but functionally not allowed to:
Create new folders. This does not come with the free license of Banqup Files.
Rename or delete existing folders. In this case, Banqup Files will recreate the modified or deleted folder.
Please sign in to leave a comment.