You can install the Billtobox Files client on a server, but keep in mind that the user always needs to be logged in in order for the sync to function, and of course the client always needs to be running if you use the default way:
- Download the client via https://files.billtobox.be/
- Install the client, a reboot is also required after installation
- Log in to the client with your Billtobox Files account, and turn on foldersync
- You now have a folder on the server that syncs with the vault
- That folder can then be shared via Windows shares to the users on your network
- Via those Windows shares, you can also set specific permissions for your users if needed
- The installation has to be done by a user with admin rights.
- The synchronizer can only work when a user (with admin rights) is logged in to the server. The session (of the admin user on the server) must therefore remain active. You can only log in to the synchronizer on an active session. If the user's server session is lost, the user is automatically logged out of the synchronizer.